- Throughout the 2016-2017 academic year, Aryeh is raising money for Children Teaching Children, an initative run by Givat Haviva that pairs Jewish and Arab classrooms and engages them in essential learning designed for a shared society. The program fosters the development of mutual understanding and shared citizenship by tackling complex issues of national and individual identity, community life, and conflicting narratives in a shared land. Once equipped with this shared society toolkit, the students visit each other’s schools as well as the campus of Givat Haviva, so that they can discuss these topics together, participate in collective encounter activities, and form long-term bonds that will keep them connected throughout their entire academic life.
- To donate:
- Sponsor a new pair of Children Teaching Children schools: $11,000
- Sponsor one school: $5,500
- Sponsor a pair of Israeli Arab & Jewish students: $300
- Sponsor one student: $150
- Educational materials: $50
- Transportation for one student: $25
Hand in Hand Campaign
- In the 2015-2016 academic year, Aryeh raised money for Hand in Hand, an organization that fosters coexistence in Israel through integrated Jewish-Arab schools. We met our fundraising goal, all of which went to Hand in Hand’s annual community outreach event, which brings together Jewish and Arab families to celebrate their cultures and their children’s accomplishments.